Oh my goodness, there are so many wonderful colorful projects you can make with the Color Pop (SS-0613) stamp set!!! And the Flower Tangle Background Stamp (SS-0431) is quickly becoming one of my go to stamps! [I really think this is going to be one of the popular stamps from the new catalog – I’m glad I already have mine].
This card is not only colorful and inspirational but it is also a great way to use your scraps!!! [I don’t know about you, but I keep them all – I don’t like to throw out any crafting item that I might be able to use on a project].
STAMPING & PREPPING:
Stamp the Flower Tangle background stamp using Rich Coral Ink onto the Watermelon Fusion Panel. Then ink up the stamped image again and stamp it on the Rich Coral panel. And finally ink it up again and stamp it on to the Citrus Cooler panel using Tangerine Fusion Ink.
Using the Journey Ovals, cut out a piece of Whip Cream card stock. Then ink up the Life is Art sentiment that comes from the Color Pop stamp wet in Citrus Cooler Ink. Immediately apply Rich Coral Ink to only the top line of the sentiment followed by Watermelon Fusion Ink only to the bottom and stamp the image in the center of the oval. Clean the stamp and then ink up the sentiment again using Black Licorice Ink and shift the stamp to the right and down to create a shadow effect.
Flick Citrus Cooler Silk on the background stamped panels and oval sentiment.
ASSEMBLING THE CARD:
• Fold Whip Cream card stock in half to form card base.
• Adhere Citrus Cooler and Rich Coral strips to Watermelon Fusion panel.
Pop- up panel on card base using Medium Journey Foam Squares.
• Apply long strip of sparkle tape between Watermelon Fusion and Rich Coral
• Pop-up stamped sentiment die – cut oval Whip Cream oval to card front with
medium Journey Foam Squares.
• Assemble Baby Envelope. Affix completely closed using Journey Craft Glue.
• Affix Rich Coral die – cut heart [this is from the Bunch of Hearts Die (DI-0501) that is a Bloom Benefit – reminder you get a free Bloom Benefit with every $75 you spend (before tax and shipping] to envelope flap. Pop-up completed envelope on
• Affix Sweet Candy Drops.
• You can also apply Journey Glaze to Rich Coral die-cut heart. I didn’t do that but I think it would add extra interest.
This card is not only inspirational but will also brighten someone’s day!
I asked my son what he thought of this card and he said he liked it and then said they should make stamp that says “Life is like a canvas just be yourself and make it colorful”. [I try to teach him to be himself and don’t compare himself to someone else. Get the most out of life because we only live once – Guess he does listen to me. LOL]
May all your handmade creations be Inked with Kindness, Stamped with Love!
Be your colorful self and happy crafting!!!